Pizza is one of the best Italian food loved by all. With its origin from Gaeta, Italy we can’t help but appreciate the savory goodness from this delicious goodness. We love pizza because it comprises of a world of gooey melting cheese appetizing our taste buds.
It is very nutritious although the method of preparation determines the nutritional value of each serving. You can add any toppings of your choice to your pizza dough depending on your preference. Have you ever wondered how to make pizza in toaster oven?
Still wondering how to make pizza in a toaster oven. After reading this article you will realize that it is easy to make after all. There are several pizza recipes you can prepare in a toaster oven. We will be sharing some of them in this article, feel free to explore.
If you prefer learning by video, this article is also explained here.
What You Will Need to Make A Traditional Pizza
Video: Toaster Oven Pizza Recipe
This video will show you how to make pizza in a toaster oven.
Two cups whole wheat flour.
Four cups All-purpose flour.
Three cups warm water.
Half oz instant dry yeast.
1 ½ teaspoon kosher salt.
1 ½ tablespoon honey.
Two tablespoons olive oil.
Your preferred toppings.
Preparation time: 15 minutes.
Rising time: 1 hour.
Cook Time: 10 minutes.
Total time: 1-hour 25minutes
Directions to Make Pizza Dough
- Melt honey in warm water inside a big mixing bowl.
- Then dredge yeast all over the water surface and leave it to bloom for about five minutes.
- Add the whole wheat flour and the all-purpose flour to the mixing bowl.
- Use a dough hook to knead your dough for about five minutes.
- Now add salt and olive oil to the dough. Mix properly and move the dough to an oil-coated bowl.
- Rub a small quantity of oil all over the dough surface and cover the dough with a wet clean cloth.
- Leave the dough in a warm place to rise for approximately 1-2 hours until it is double in size.
- Thump the dough down and cut into 4 parts.
- Then store in the fridge until you are ready to use it.
Directions to Make Pizza
- Preheat oven to a temperature of 550oF.
- Press the dough on a big baking sheet till the dough is thin and flat.
- Add your preferred toppings.
- If you want a thin crust, bake instantly for about ten minutes or until it is cooked to your satisfaction.
- If you want a puffed crust, leave the pizza and toppings to rise for approximately thirty minutes before you bake the pizza dough.
- Serve warm.
Alternatively, if you want a puffed crust, bake your dough without your toppings until it is almost cooked. Then remove from the toaster oven, put the toppings in the middle of the dough and bake again until your pizza is properly cooked .
Expert Tips for Making The Most Delicious Pizza in A Toaster Oven
- You must keep an eye on the pizza while it is baking otherwise it will burn because of the high temperature you are cooking it under (550oF). Also, flip the pizza in intervals to ensure even cooking.
- Adjust your cooking rack far away from the heating elements prior to baking. This is to ensure that your pizza bakes properly.
- Preferably, use a pizza pan for baking your pizza. It maintains a steady heat. You can use a toaster oven pizza stone, it works too. But if you don’t have any of these, you should bake your pizza directly on the oven rack.
- Turn the toaster oven off a few minutes before you are ready to remove your pizza from the oven. The heat will finish cooking and save some energy.
How to Reheat Pizza in A Toaster Oven?
This is pretty easy. Follow these simple steps to reheat your pizza for a fresher taste.
First, set the oven’s setting to ‘Convection’ and preheat the oven to a temperature of about 350oF. This will ensure that your pizza is evenly cooked and quickens the cooking process. You will have to be patient if your model only has a ‘Bake’ setting because it will take extra time to get the pizza hot.
Secondly, place your pizza directly on the cooking rack and allow it to reheat for about five to ten minutes. However, this depends on the thickness and size of your pizza.
If your pizza is frozen, it will take a longer time to reheat it. But if you preheat the toaster oven, it probably wouldn’t.
Thirdly, check the pizza to know if it is done. When the crusts start browning on the outside or when the cheese starts bubbling and melting, it is done. Remove pizza from the oven with your oven mitts or use kitchen tongs. Serve warm.
What If You Can’t Make A Fresh Dough?
Sometimes, making fresh dough is time-consuming and tasking. How then do you make a pizza without making the dough yourself? Very simple. Use an already made bread for the pizza base. It has the same great taste and bakes faster.
Here are some toaster oven pizza recipes you will love. Easy pizzy!
Sundried Tomatoes and Spinach Tortilla Pizza Recipe
Two 6″ whole grain or regular flour tortilla.
Two to three tablespoons pesto or pizza sauce.
Two Artichoke hearts preserved in water (quartered and drained).
½ teaspoon olive oil.
2 oz shredded mozzarella cheese.
½ cup fresh baby spinach.
One-quarter cup chopped red peppers (roasted).
Two tablespoons sundried tomatoes (it should not be packed in oil).
Fresh basil (optional).
Shredded Parmesan cheese (optional).
Crushed red pepper flakes.
Method of Preparation
- Preheat the toaster oven temperature to 425-degree Fahrenheit.
- Put tortillas on the baking pan and rub olive oil on each side.
- Bake tortillas for about four to five minutes.
- Add pizza or pesto sauce uniformly over tortillas. Then sprinkle half cheese over the top of tortillas.
- Add your toppings; sundried tomatoes, roasted red peppers, remaining cheese and spinach.
- Bake for another five to seven minutes until cheese bubbles and is melted.
- Serve warm with fresh basil, shredded parmesan, red pepper flakes or any other servings of your choice.
Toaster Oven Pizza Bagels
Two whole wheat bagels.
One-quarter teaspoon Italian seasoning.
One quarter cup pizza sauce or marinara sauce.
¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese.
¼ cup chopped bell pepper or Four small sweet peppers.
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes.
Three tablespoons sliced black olives.
One teaspoon Parmesan cheese.
- Preheat the oven to a temperature of 375oF.
- Mildly oil the baking sheet.
- Slice bagels into two. Then put them on the baking sheet making sure the inner sides are facing up.
- Spread one tablespoon of pizza sauce or marinara sauce on each bagel. And sprinkle red pepper flakes and Italian seasoning on top.
- Top bagels with two tablespoons of mozzarella cheese and spread olives and peppers uniformly among the two bagels. Now top each with one tablespoon of remaining cheese.
- Bake for about eight to nine minutes until cheese has melted.
- Switch your oven settings to ‘Broil’. Cook for an additional one to three minutes until each bagel edge is perfectly browned, crispy and cheese has melted.
- Allow to cool for some minutes and serve with Parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
6″ whole wheat pita bread.
Six tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese.
Six tablespoons jarred marinara sauce.
Cooked Italian sausage or pepperoni, sliced mushrooms, sliced bell peppers, and cooked chicken.
One tablespoon chopped fresh basil or parsley (optional).
Half teaspoon dried oregano (optional).
One finely minced garlic clove (optional).
Method of Preparation
- Line the baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Put each pita bread on the baking sheet with the dipped side facing up.
- Spread three tablespoons of marinara sauce on each pita bread. Leave a half-inch around the edge of the pita bread without marinara sauce.
- Sprinkle a one-quarter teaspoon of oregano and minced garlic over marinara sauce.
- Then uniformly sprinkle three tablespoons of shredded cheese over marinara sauce.
- Top with cooked Italian sausage or any other toppings of your choice.
- Place the baking sheet in the toaster oven and bake at 375oF for about eight to ten minutes or until it is lightly browned, and cheese has melted.
- Remove from the toaster oven and sprinkle chopped basil or any other vegetable of your choice on top.
- Serve warm and enjoy.
Two matzo crackers.
One tinned tomato paste.
One tablespoon of salt.
Two tablespoons of olive oil.
Two tablespoons smoked shredded mozzarella cheese.
Any other toppings of your choice.
- Preheat the oven to a temperature of 450-degree Fahrenheit and set the timer for 7 minutes.
- Spread a thin layer of tomato paste on each cracker. Then sprinkle salt and olive oil over the top.
- Add the smoked shredded mozzarella cheese and any other toppings of your choice. Keep it moderate though.
- Place crackers directly on the toaster oven rack.
- Bake for about seven minutes or till the crust is lightly browned, and cheese is melted and gooey.
- Serve warm.
Pie Crust Pizza
1 pie crust.
2 onion bulbs thinly sliced.
Two green peppers thinly sliced.
2 tablespoons of marinara sauce.
Two tablespoons of mozzarella cheese.
Any other toppings of your choice.
- Preheat the oven to a temperature of 450-degree Fahrenheit.
- Create a layer of mozzarella cheese, onions, and green peppers respectively.
- Then add pepperoni on top of the crust.
- Pour the marinara sauce.
- Add remaining cheese, pepperoni, and vegetables.
- Place the crust in a toaster oven for about 30 to 45 minutes or till the crust is perfectly browned, crispy, and cheese is gooey.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm.